Saturday, August 13, 2005

What I'm Trying to Say


He's trying to tell me I have two options for dealing with my anger...get rid of it or control it. I'm trying to say I don't like either option and why are there only two? I want to befriend it , grow from it, sit at it's feet and learn from it as if it were the Dali Lama himself. He's trying to tell me I need to give it to God. I'm trying to say I don't see it as being separate and apart from God. He's trying to tell me I need to write it all down then burn it or rip it up. I'm trying to say it's a part of who I am, a gift of the soul, not to be dealt with so heartlessly and carelessly. He's trying to say it's a pebble in my shoe to be discarded before causing a limp or blister. I'm trying to say it's a diamond I choose to wear on my finger just as I do joy, love, sorrow, or any other emotion. He's trying to compare it to fire, beneficial but potentially destructive. I'm trying to see it as holy light, something to fearlessly open my arms to and allow to consume me, fill me, resurrecting all that is dead and decaying. I don't think he gets me.

"It's real though, the fury, even when it isn't. It can change you, turn you, mold you and shape you into someone you're not. The only upside to anger then is the person you become, hopefully someone that wakes up one day and realizes they're not afraid of its journey, someone that knows that the truth is at best a partially told story, that anger, like growth comes in spurts and fits and in it's wake leaves a new chance at acceptance and the promise of calm." from The Upside of Anger

1 Comments:

Blogger dpsinger said...

I am loving your site! I loved the quote from the "UP SIDE OF ANGER." I have been wanting to see that and your sealed it for me...

Now, if I must remind you... You have been tagged!
http://dpsinger.blogspot.com/2005/08/youre-it.html

Hop to, girlie.... and send me your email address ;)

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home