Thursday, August 25, 2005

We Now Interrupt this Program





Just about everyday, when I come to blog, I have a two year old in my lap. "I wanna bwog Mama." If Trey comes into the room to find out what we're doing Britton announces proudly, "We're bwoggin' Dada." He wants so badly to type and I end up having to get on to him for pushing various buttons or leaving fingerprints all over the screen. A time or two he has gotten so upset that he has reached right over and turned the computer off to spite me. So today I decided to let him have his day of "bwoggin"(he even picked out the photo - "Brit with the spwinkler" he calls it). Hope you enjoy.

oooojuj ijoiiioilkoopp pfbmikjuj
ikjhhiiiiyyte ddfrsswwwwww wwwuuhygh
777777pp777u uuuuiu777877777 777kjhhh
jjllppoepoepoeop eoeeeeeoopoppppppppo
ooooo oooooo5oooooiopoo oiloi5ui55khsjh
sjsjkkkkkkk jioiiiOgkjj540

A little something I read today that I've been thinking about:
For years and years I struggled
just to love my life. And then
the butterfly
rose, weightless, in the wind.
"Don't love your life
too much," it said
and vanished
into the world.
from One or Two Things by Mary Oliver
As an aside...I reached a parenting milestone today. Yes today is the day I officially got the first "I'm not going to be your friend anymore" retort when punshing him for messing with his dad's stereo. It's just the beginning I'm sure.

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Ahh, I'm not looking forward to hearing things like that. I watch Brat Camp in terror that my kids will turn out like them. Hey thanks for the comments on my blog. We are feeling better. Stella's fever went down last night, and John is feeling much better today. We are actually going to the CA state fair tomorrow, It will finally feel like our vacation i starting.

6:29 PM  
Blogger STEVE said...

Young man I find your thoughts to be very enlightening! I know exactly how you feel! Hold fast to those ideals & strive to stay on track as you strive to achieve the goals you have set for yourself. I only hope that when you look back from the ripe old age of six or seven, you feel a certain pride when you realize that you were not only correct, but somehow prophetic in your youthful musings. OH, and your mother is a nut case(in a good way!)

12:39 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ah...
yeah...
that sucks...

i also had a similar first
but it was with my 10 year old
whom i bragged on my blog
about not ever writing anything
bad about me in her ramblings
(cause i can't help but read them)
heh.
and then i found a song
she wrote
while sent to her room
which basically was
i hate my mother
my mother hates me

ouch.
but we talked about it
and she cried and said she was sorry
sooooooo...
but damn, i have to stop reading
her loose random papers off the floor...

4:17 AM  
Anonymous i.g. said...

Very well said Britton! You are so sweet...

5:30 AM  
Blogger kath red said...

yes, it all sounds so very familiar. we felt we had reached a milestone when we got our first "i hate you" recently.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home