Saturday, August 27, 2005

Not Your Ideal Date Night

Sometimes I go and go and go, never stopping to re-fuel, rest, or pay heed to the needs of my body, mind, and spirit. But when I have reached my limit, my body is very good at assuring I come to a screeching halt. I like to call it "hitting the invisible wall." It happens when I don't tune in to myself, when I don't take care of myself as I should. It happens when I nurture everyone around me, but not myself. And it happened this afternoon at about 5:00. So tonight, instead of going out to celebrate our anniversary, which was earlier in the week, we are opting to stay in. The babysitter has been arranged and the evening in ours. But instead of our planned picnic in the park with a poetry reading and drinks at La Diosa, my favorite local wine bar (an enchanting place that reminds me of a cross between Chocolat and Like Water for Chocolate,) we are watching movies in our pjs and ordering pizza. Not really your ideal date night...or is it? It may very well be just what I'm needing. And it's definitely all I have energy for.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The moment is real. Enjoy it! Holding on to expectations has no place in the now. You know this. Visions of past & future are muddled & foggy, skewed by regret & false hope. We must focus our energy on sucking the sweetness out of the only time & place where we can have any effect. Right here, right now.

11:22 AM  
Blogger STEVE said...

Michelle, What is wrong with this damn computer? hey that anyonemouse comment is from me to you but I couldnt get to publish under my name. Catch ya later neighor! (RIP Fred Rogers)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sounds like a great date night to me.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Maya Stein said...

michelle - sounds pretty good to me...staying in always has such enormous (and unexpected) rewards.

i'm trying to email you with this week's "10-line Tuesday" but your email is bouncing back - any suggestions?

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home