Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Missing Myself

It's that girl,
the one in the beloved family stories,
stories of impossible strength and unexpected glory, a girl with full knowledge of her radiant power,
a girl living impulsively,
in direct accordance with need and want,
a girl listening to another voice,
not the voice always shouting "yes" and "no" or "should" and "shouldn't,"
it's that girl with all her terrible beauty,
still buried beneath wrinkles and memories,
still living obscurely in the depths of my soul,
that I miss the most
when I turn out the lights at night.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

testing

7:10 AM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

ooohhhh...i love this entry. So sweet! So many times we get wrapped up in others that we forget our "true" selves. That picture goes perfectly too!

10:21 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

when i went back up and read
the title
to that entry
i felt a little gasp
in my stomach...

i feel like that.

10:28 AM  
Blogger gkgirl said...

by the way
i had to add you to my
favorite people to read
everyday...
i hope you don't mind
:)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

I like this post too. I feel the same way sometimes, like I've lost myselft, or i'm not being true to the core of who I am. It's hard to strip down and bet to the truth of who we are. That's what is so cool about kids, they are basic and pure right now, without walls.

2:56 PM  
Blogger STEVE said...

you know, I sometimes search for that girl in myself. often I find that she is more of a man than I will ever be. so I set her in the corner of my mind and ignore her in hopes that she will just go away.

12:28 AM  
Blogger STEVE said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Oh my Dear girl.... its never too late to have a
a ' Happy Childhood '
I can tell from your writting your" little girl" is very much
alive!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home