Friday, August 26, 2005

A Memory

It's funny how your birthday comes and goes and I never think of you. Or, our anniversary passes and it's just another day. I can flip through an album full of happy images and see just another couple locked in a half-hearted embrace. But then, on an ordinary August afternoon, your memory creeps up on me, catching me unaware, and for a moment I feel lost, caught up in what used to be. I don't know that I can adequately describe how I feel. Regrets not quite right. Maybe something akin to grief, a deep in-the-marrow kind of grief, not because I miss you but because I feel as if I've lost something, something I can't name and can never recover, something that was precious at one time but now is just ashes and sighing. Your face is fuzzy. Your voice an unrecognizable hum. But your memory, it's still there, trapped in the shadowed corners of my soul, a place where time doesn't exist and wounds never heal.

3 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

i loved that
voice an unrecognizable hum...
you should be a writer
i know this
because
i would read you...

and then i think how you
were writing
this
and i was writing
my stairmastersaga...
heh
not feeling quite so deep
or poetic
:)
heehee

3:40 AM  
Blogger Server Girl said...

I always love what u have to say. This reminded me so much of my ex of 10 years. It is odd that u can be with someone for so long and then it is over with only weird pics and memories that seem like they never occurred...Your words are so familiar.

1:01 PM  
Blogger STEVE said...

I know that you miss me ,But damn! I mean its not like my phone is just ringing off the wall! communication is a two way street for cryin' out loud.

And why does this post make me so hungry? Oh wait I know! Its depression setting in. Just once I want you to try apost like mine. light & fluffy like a cloud. Or like my mind if you prefer. It works best if you only write about things that are AROUND you and not INSIDE you. I know you can do it if you try.(besides after I read your blog I always want to change the name Of mine to "bullshit")

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home